Thursday 3 September 2009

A decision.

A career break, that was what I was calling it. A chance to escape from a job I don’t particularly enjoy, which however affords me a comfortable enough lifestyle and take some time away, rough it a little and see a bit of the world.

Somehow though, a nagging doubt about how fruitful spending 3 months on a beach in Thailand would be and a realization of how quickly I would be sat back at my desk had led me to look for other ideas.

The USA that would be my great adventure, travelling east to west on a bicycle across the changing continental landscape, fuelled by the fantasies of Kerouac, Steinbeck, Twain & H S. Thompson (to name a few) I could spend a few months exploring at my own pace and when I had finished my adventure I could hop on a plane and spend the rest of my ‘break’ on a beach somewhere warm and exotic.

Not being a reckless sort, I researched a little and the more I explored what was possible, the more I realized that there was a strong chance that I could do something to make my ‘career break’ truly memorable.

Therefore after some serious consideration, I have decided to, cycle around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment