Sunday 4 October 2009

Travelling Music

Well a month has passed since my statement of intent and although Ive spent many hours looking at maps, trawling across the Internet and tweeting about my proposed trip, I've made very little real progress towards achieving my goal.

In fact the only real major development has been as a result of outside forces, namely England football team and their qualification for the world cup (the thought of England winning and not being in the country saddens me enough to delay my trip by two months) and next years fortieth Glastonbury festival and all the fun that promises to be.

Therefore i have decided to act, be decisive, do something that has to be done before the trip can take place.

I have decided to sort out my travelling music.

One of the few luxuries ill be taking on my trip will be my ever present ipod and although it's 49.2 days worth of music should be enough to keep me occupied during the long hours on my bike I have decided that the first task to complete before setting out will be to add all the remaining music in my collection onto it.

However I have decided this is just the first music related task to complete before I go. In addition I am also going to compile a playlist created randomly using itunes genius and this random letter generator ( http://www.dave-reed.com/Nifty/randSeq.html ). The purpose of this is to not only discover new music to form the soundtrack for my trip preparation but to try and improve my writing by keeping a blog of my new adventures in music.

Well that's the plan and at some time in the next 280 days ill also find time to buy a tent and check when my passport runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment