Monday 5 October 2009

Well, the musical adventures begin.

O! The random letter generator gods today decided that I would start my task with the letter O, was this some sort of way of mocking at 31 year olds decision to start playing at being a kid again by choosing the starting letter of the band that soundtracked his early adult years (Oasis if you hadnt already guessed).

After a little musing i decided to crack on with the task and after a little tinkering with Itunes and its genius program (i couldnt find the side bar the help menu told me to use) I started rooting through artists begining with O.

After nearly choosing some perky power pop music by 'Operator Please', "17 year old teenage wunderkind" as described by one reviewer and which is almost certainly guaranteed to make any viewer of their video over the age of 20 feel old, I decided on a song by a band I'd never heard of called "Okkervil River" and their 2nd track on their album the "The Stand Ins" hooked by its banjo intro, mowtown bass line, chorus of La La's and hand claps I cant think of what more one would need in a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment